Thank the Donor for Hospitals
For Hospital Staff Only
Thank the Donor™ is a patented, free, simple service allowing a patient, friend, or loved one to send an anonymous message to the person who donated the blood being transfused.
All Blood Products Are Now Tagged With Green Heart Reminders!
Nursing/Blood Bank Staff Role:
Provide the Thank the Donor Information Card to the Patient, their Family Member or Friend – it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 to say “thank you!” You can, too!
How? Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Go to the website ThankTheDonor.org (using a smartphone, tablet or computer)
- Scan the Barcode of the Donor Identification Number (or key in the numbers)
- Send your message (with or without a picture/selfie or video)
A section is provided on the informational brochure provided with the unit(s) from the blood bank for nurses or blood bank staff to write or place the sticker with the Donor Identification Number.
This enables the patient, their family, friend or even the staff taking care of them to send a thank-you message at a later time.
Good to know:
- All messages are curated, or reviewed, by LifeServe Blood Center staff for privacy issues and appropriateness. No negative comments will be forwarded to the donor.
- All photos and videos are also viewed and will not be included with the thank-you message if they include any patient or hospital identifiers or images of hospital staff.
- Donors receive Thank the Donor messages of appreciation via email.
- If sharing permissions are granted by the person sending the appreciation, LifeServe Blood Center will share messages sent by patients with the hospital contacts provided.
Learn more in these FAQ’s.
Watch our Thank the Donor Presentation below!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Technical Services Supervisor
Director of Marketing and Public Relations