You May Be Eligible to Donate If You:
To learn more about your blood type and blood, check out our fun facts!
Appointments are encouraged: Schedule your appointment ahead of time to help our team members safely see as many donors as possible.
We’re counting on your generous gift of life. If you can’t make your donation time, please reschedule here or by calling us at 800.287.4903.
FDA ELIGIBILITY UPDATES:
FDA/CBER is responsible for regulatory oversight of the U.S. blood supply. FDA promulgates and enforces standards for blood collection and for the manufacturing of blood products, including both transfusible components of whole blood, pharmaceuticals derived from blood cells or plasma, and related medical devices.
- November 2023 - Individual Donor Assessment (IDA)
- LifeServe Blood Center has made changes to the Donor History Questionnaire (DHQ)/QuickPass to implement Individual Donor Assessment in November 2023. The FDA provided final guidance on changes to donor eligibility from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in May 2023.
- Find additional information here.
- May 2022 - Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease and Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (cVJD)
- The FDA has removed the deferral recommendation for individuals associated with geographic risk of vCJD, commonly referred to as Mad Cow Disease, for time spent in the United Kingdom (U.K.) from 1980-1996; time spent in France and Ireland from 1980-2001; and receipt of a blood transfusion in the U.K., France, or Ireland from 1980-present.
- Find additional resources here.
Do you have a question about your eligibility? We’ve got your answer. Call us at 800.287.4903 or e-mail email@example.com.