When you give blood with LifeServe Blood Center, you’re truly saving local lives. We are the sole provider of blood to more than 120 hospitals in Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska. Say hello to some of the lives you’ve saved and fellow LifeServers!
Thank the Donor
With our new Thank the Donor program, local patients (and hospital staff) can now reach out and thank you for your donation! Thank the Donor™ is a patented, free, simple service allowing a patient, friend, or loved one to send an anonymous message to the person who donated the blood being transfused. Local hospital patients are now able to thank our blood donors for their generous blood donation! Double check to make sure your email address is up to date so your recipient can reach you.
All Blood Products Are Now Tagged With Green Heart Reminders!
- Recipient goes to ThankTheDonor.org (using a smartphone, tablet or computer)
- They scan the Barcode (or key in the numbers)
- Types message and sends (with or without a picture/selfie or video)
- Donor receives thank you email with message
Good to know...
All messages are curated, or reviewed, by LifeServe Blood Center staff for privacy issues and appropriateness.
No negative comments will be forwarded to the donor.
- All photos and videos are also viewed and will not be included with the thank-you message if they include any patient or hospital identifiers or images of hospital staff.
- If sharing permissions are granted by the person sending the appreciation, LifeServe Blood Center will share messages sent by patients with the hospital contacts provided.
- Donors receive Thank the Donor messages of appreciation via email.
Want to share your story?
We’d love to hear it. If you’ve received a blood transfusion and are looking for more information, click here.