Updated COVID-19 Deferral Information
LifeServe Blood Center is staying on top of COVID-19 recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to assure the safety of our blood donors, volunteers, team members, hospital partners, and the community blood supply.
COVID-19 can often be mistaken as a common cold. Symptoms can include runny nose, cough, sore throat, and sometimes an accompanying fever. COVID-19 is spread from an infected person to others through:
- The air by coughing and sneezing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
To ensure the safety of the community blood supply, LifeServe Blood Center has updated our precautionary steps against COVID-19. Donors should refrain from giving blood for 28 days if in the past 14 days:
- Donor has traveled to a country in which the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has identified outbreaks:
- Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey
- European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City, Wales
- Donor has been diagnosed with or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Donor has lived with an individual or individuals diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19
Thank you for keeping our blood supply safe!